Academic Excellence & Heritage Award
The Lebanese Collegiate Network (LCN) Academic Excellence & Heritage Award recognizes talented subscribing students who demonstrate a remarkable academic record, are ambassadors of Lebanese Heritage and present themselves as leaders among their peers. Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to two candidates.
Qualifications for eligibility must meet the following criteria:
1. The applicant must be an LCN subscribing member per LCN Bylaws
2. The applicant must be an active member in their University Lebanese Club (ULC)
3. The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
4. The applicant must attend the upcoming LCN Convention
Please fill out the application below. Please also include:
1. An official transcript (Graduate Students must submit an undergraduate transcript as well)
2. A current resume
3. A summary of your active involvement in your ULC
4. In a typed, single page, double-spaced essay, explain how your dedication to Lebanese heritage contributed to your experience and development as a student. Did your cultural background and history positively or negatively impact your academic experience? How has it influenced your future occupational goals? Please include your name & ULC name on the sheet.
An award selection committee that is distinct of the LCN executive board will solely handle applications. The committee, consisting of three members, will evaluate the applicants on an anonymous basis and rank applicants individually. The committee will then convene to discuss applications and select the winner. Committee members are chosen after applications are in to avoid any conflict of interest due to pre-existing relations between the committee members and the applicants.
The foremost purpose of LCN is to foster, connect and develop Lebanese collegiate clubs, students and alumni within the United States. For more information, please visit the LCN website at www.mylcn.org
Please mail your application package to:
Lebanese Collegiate Network
Academic Excellence Award
Los Angeles, CA 90053
Applications will only be accepted if postmarked or emailed by February 24th, 2013